Cleveland Ohio Capital Formation Attorneys
Sound legal advice for corporate clients and private investors on all aspects of business capitalization
An important element of our business organization practice at the Cleveland offices of Joseph D. Carney & Associates, LLC, is the comprehensive legal advice and litigation services we provide to corporate clients, individual investors, advisors and broker dealers. We counsel clients in all aspects of corporate and entrepreneurial financing, including capitalization for business start-up and investment from individuals, family members, "angel investors," private equity, venture capital groups, and others.
Our capital formation attorneys assist clients in Ohio and across the United States to access private and institutional equity and debt capital, and provide ongoing guidance on a broad range of issues encountered during the capitalization process:
- Public and private issuance of securities and their reporting obligations
- Securities transactions, public and private placement of equity and debt, state and federal regulatory compliance
- Establishment of investment and hedge funds and other investment models
- Drafting, structuring, review, and implementation of transactional agreements including stock and asset purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, and placement and underwriting agreements
- Dispute Resolution, mediation, and litigation services
- Investment management and administration agreements
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Initial public offerings (IPO)
- Initial stockholder/ investor organization
- Capital and growth strategies
- Capital, strategic, and business plan development
- Friend and family offerings
- Early stage and seed capital
Senior partner and capital formation attorney Joseph Carney of Joseph D. Carney & Associates, LLC. has advised corporate and private clients for 39 years on proper capitalization methods that are timely, legally sound, and pro-active. Properly completed, these plans aid in the identification and avoidance of potential disputes, including those related to regulatory compliance.
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation
At Joseph D. Carney & Associates, LLC., we are not only capital formation attorneys, but we act like business partners as well, guiding and protecting our clients with meticulous research, effective planning, and a worldwide network of capital relationships. Enjoy the benefit of three decades of experience serving corporate clients, investors, and brokers in Ohio and across the country. Contact our Cleveland business formation lawyers today for a complimentary consultation.
Please visit our practice area overview for more information on our legal services, including business law, estate planning, and securities litigation.
Our offices are located to serve clients in Northeast Ohio including; Cleveland, Westlake, Solon, Canton, Amherst, Akron, Avon and Cuyahoga, Stark, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Lake, Huron and Erie counties.